USASKF's Purpose and Objectives
The Federation is solely for the promotion and education of Sanshou/Sanda in the US and around the world.
(The federation will not only promote Sanshou and Sanda through tournaments and professional fights but also teach applications of internal and external Kung Fu for preservation of the art and insuring individual personal safety.)
As a federation, we will promote the traditional amateur Lei Tai Sanshou as well as the semi pro and professional Sanda fight in the American ring. The Federation will promote both tournament and single match events. To improve the quality of Sanshou, The Federation will:
- Support, publicize and sanction event throughout the country.
- Train both fighters and coaches and officials nationwide.
- Provide certifications to national and local level coaches and judges for recognition
- Keep all fighters' fighting records
- Keep all judges updated.
- Give rankings to international and national fighters as well as the regional level.
- Standardize Sanshou events around the country, establishing divisions from C thru A+.
- Establish Sanshou circuit locally and nationally.
- Establish a fund raising and sponsorship system to get funds for athletes, coaches and officials
- Establish scholarships for amateur athletes.
- Establish Sanshou and Sanda network world wide
- Set up national and international events at least once a year.